Just when you thought the ‘90s were back, along comes a near-perfect blast of ’80s culture.
Thank you, Netflix’s “Stranger Things.”
In honor of the show’s affinity for the Reagan years, we’ve assembled a list of classic movie quotes. They’re all from memorable ’80s movies. You still may need to do some serious head scratching to figure them all out.
That’s one way of saying you won’t “feel the need for speed.” These are lesser-known quotes, but snippets that still should jog your memory circuits.
- Do you think I’d speak for you? I don’t even know your language.
- You know your voice is kind of nice when your mouth isn’t screwing it up.
- Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities, we didn’t have to produce anything! You’ve never been out of college! You don’t know what it’s like out there! I’ve *worked* in the private sector. They expect *results*.
- You want to talk to God? Let’s go see him together, I’ve got nothing better to do.
- Gubmint do take a bite, don’t she?
- Quite an experience to live in fear, isn’t it? That’s what it is to be a slave.
- He’s an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots, too.
- Excuse me. I have to go. Somewhere there is a crime happening.
- My people, my people, what can I say; say what I can. I saw it but didn’t believe it; I didn’t believe what I saw. Are we gonna live together? Together are we gonna live?
- This is the cleanest and nicest police car I’ve ever been in in my life. This thing’s nicer than my apartment.
- I had a great evening; it was like the Nuremberg Trials.
- You know, there’s going to be sex, drugs, rock-n-roll… chips, dips, chains, whips… You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing.
- Girl, you look so good, someone ought to put you on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit.
- I shall serve no fries before their time.
- I love this place at night, the stars. There’s no right or wrong in them. They’re just there.
- Y’all mind hanging back? You’re jamming my frequency.
- Good Morning! Welcome to another day of higher education!
- What am I supposed to do, think of everything? I brought the comb!
- So THAT’s how it is in their family…
- Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.
- I like to keep this handy… for close encounters.
Here are the answer links -- but no cheating!
Enjoy this article? Please share it with your ’80s-obsessed friends via the buttons below.