Every few years we get another film (“Sing Street,”) TV show (“The Goldbergs”) or binge sensation (“Stranger Things”) to bring the decade roaring back.
What about the ’90s? Look at that decade’s film lineup. “Pulp Fiction.” “Jurassic Park.” “Clueless.” “Dances with Wolves.”
Not too shabby.
So, in continuing HiT’s series of Classic Lines, Classic Movies, let’s see if you can name the ’90s films from these not so obvious lines.
- I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or, who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up.
- Do not touch the glass. Do not approach the glass. You pass him nothing but soft paper – no pencils or pens.
- One day it started raining, and it didn’t quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain… and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night…
- Lady, I got buddies who died face down in the muck so that you and I could enjoy this family restaurant!
- If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
- To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
- I’m afraid to close my eyes, I’m afraid to open them.
- Old McDonald had a farm ee i ee i o. And on that farm he shot some guys. Badda boom badda bing bang boom.
- You’re not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense: this girl you’ve met, she’s not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you’re perfect for each other.
- We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men. Hell, we could have been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the lords of all creation.
- I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
- All I’m saying is that if I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life – remind me to kill myself.
- The boy is dangerous. They all sense it, why can’t you?
- This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I’m living alone. Did you hear me?
- It’s not heaven he’s from! It’s straight from the stinking flames of hell! The power of Satan is in him, I can feel it. Can’t you? Have you poor sheep strayed so far from the path?
- I admire that honesty, Natalie, that’s a noble quality. Never lose that, because it often disappears with age, or entering politics.
- This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don’t do your job, I’ll kill you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!
- Maybe I’m spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks.
- Wait a minute. You come into my house, my party, to tell me about the future? That the future is tape, videotape, and not film? That it’s amateurs and not professionals? I’m a filmmaker, which is why I will *never* make a movie on tape.
- I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters.
- Either they don’t know, don’t show, or don’t care about what’s going on in the hood.
Links to the answers below…