Dennis Miller’s conservative views, agree with them or not, are smart and worth your consideration.
The same can hardly be said of stand-up turned commentator Russell Brand. The “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” star enjoyed a brief run as a go-to movie comic, but he’s left Hollywood to start a so-called socialist revolution.
Comedians often bring insight into politics that broadcasters can’t match. Not Brand. Here are five reasons the public should tune out Brand and his far-left marching orders:
- He Loves Hateful, Wholly Irrational Rhetoric: Do you know who’s just as bad as radical Muslims who slice the heads off of innocents and post the videos online for all to see? Fox News hosts and the U.S. military. Let that sink in.
- He Can’t Answer Simple Questions: Brand was quizzed recently about his own lavish lifestyle and whether it conflicts with his socialist message. The comedian became enraged and uncivil despite the fact that the question is one any sane journalist should ask him.
- He’s a Hypocrite: Brand is aghast at capitalism and how the rich and poor live very different lives. Spread the wealth, he says, ignoring the results when that practice is put into effect (Cuba and Venezuela rush to mind). Yet he’s been seen in limousines and lives in a tony section of London. He’s the Michael Moore of England, a populist rolling in the very cash he wants others to give up.
- Mr. Peace and Love is Full of Anger: Ringo Starr’s mantra is “peace and love, peace and love,” which he mutters whenever a camera approaches. He’ll flash a smile, the peace sign and he’s on his merry way. Brand talks a good game, but he’ll bully a journalist or resort to infantile name-calling at the slightest provocation. You don’t have to scratch the surface hard to find the hate.
- Have You Seen “Paradise?”: Most actors have a clunker or two on their resume, but this 2013 “comedy” is a black mark Brand can’t rub off.
Paradise Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Julianne Hough, Russell Brand Movie HD
I believe that the 2011 Arthur remake is the movie Brand himself considers to be his worst.