This hasn’t been a good few days for the Hollywood Resistance.
Once again stars weaponized a mass shooting to fit their political goals and showed little regard for the public at large. They savaged Sen. Mitch McConnell, directly blamed President Donald Trump for the shootings and even wished the booming economy would revert to Obama-level doldrums.
The entertainment media, along with traditional news outlets, ignored much of this hatred. If a narrative hurts a progressive, reporters do all they can to ignore it.
Meanwhile, journalists routinely interview members of the Hollywood Resistance without asking any tough, but fair questions about their positions. In fact, the stars can say virtually anything left-of-center and know their comments won’t be challenged.
Enter the following 13 questions. It’s a handy cheat sheet for journalists who want to do more than transcribe progressive talking points while chatting up the biggest stars in the Hollywood galaxy.
Some questions could be lobbed at any member of the Hollywood Resistance. Others are aimed more specifically at key members, and their names are included in the queries.
Have more questions you wish liberal stars would answer? Please share them in the comments section below..
- What would you say to the men and women already living paycheck to paycheck about your recession dreams? (Bill Maher)
- You blamed President Trump’s rhetoric for the recent shootings. Do you think an industry which routinely calls Trump and his administrations “Nazis” might inspire violence, too? (Rob Reiner, John Leguizamo, Jon Cryer)
- Which specific gun legislation would have stopped any of the recent mass slaughters?
- The Hollywood Resistance abhors Trump’s bruising tone, and some on the political right agree with that stance. Do you think Hollywood’s bruising rhetoric is the proper response?
- Did you know President Barack Obama also held immigrant children in cages? Have you spoken out on that? If not, why not? (Alyssa Milano)
- Did you know President Barack Obama deported millions of illegal immigrants? Have you spoken out on that? If not, why not?
- Did you know President Barack Obama spoke up for a strong border? Was he racist for demanding border enforcement?
- Did you know President Barack Obama spied on and prosecuted reporters? Have you spoken out about that? If not, why not? Do you think that’s as bad as President Trump declaring press outlets spreading “fake news” as the “enemy of the people?”
- Members of the congressional “Squad” insinuated Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is a racist. Do you agree? If not, isn’t it beyond the pale to accuse someone who isn’t a racist of harboring racist views sans evidence?
- Should politicians of color like Rep. Ilhan Omar be protected from the same criticism other politicians endure? If so, should minorities who happen to be Republican enjoy the same measure of protection?
- The man who attacked an ICE facility, and died during the assault, used language directly taken from the Squad. Do those four politicians bear any responsibility for the attack?
- President Trump’s infamous Charlottesville appearance featured him denouncing white supremacists directly, despite media outlets excising those precise words. Are you aware of that? Do you think the president deserves an apology from media outlets?
- Do you think celebrities who speak out against climate change but have massive carbon footprints are hypocrites? What would you say to them about their activism? (Leonardo DiCaprio)
None of these questions would normally be appropriate for a celebrity interview. That’s no longer the case. Stars like Alyssa Milano, Bette Midler, Rob Reiner, Mark Ruffalo, and so many more actively engage in the latest headlines.
They also share the most incendiary claims possible in the process, frequently without evidence.
That makes the aforementioned questions fair game for the Hollywood Resistance. Just don’t hold your breath any mainstream journalist will utter a single one of them.