The “Trainwreck” star turned pundit blasted Clinton’s critics during a recent chat with the BBC. Seems Schumer, who generates more headlines for her far-left activism these days than her jokes, thinks she knows the secret behind the Hillary Hate.
It’s because she’s a woman. Oh, and her opponents can’t rally a solid argument against Clinton’s presidential bona fides.
“If you go, ‘Why don’t you like Hillary?’ they’ll go, ‘She lied about her e-mails. What else is she going to lie about?’” Schumer said of Americans who don’t support the Democratic presidential nominee. “People get one fact and that’s what they latch onto about a candidate.”
She added, “I haven’t had a conversation with anyone who doesn’t like Hillary where they’ve had anything meaningful to say.”
Sounds like she hasn’t spoken to Ben Shapiro. Or Jonah Goldberg. Or any well-informed conservative who could bend Schumer’s ear for a good hour on why Clinton is grossly unfit for office.
Maybe an entire day.
In case Schumer can’t meet with those pundits, or average Americans who have sussed her out over the past few years, here are some Clinton factoids that might alarm Schumer.
None of them deal with Clinton’s gender. All directly explain why her critics may have a point … 12, in fact:
- The Big Benghazi Lie: Say what you will about Clinton’s ties to the 2011 attack that left four Americans dead. She told the loved ones of the fallen that a video was responsible for the assault. That came long after she shared the truth behind the attack with her daughter as well as other officials. Of all of Clinton’s lies, that might be the most galling.
- Gimme a “C”: Among the latest revelations from Clinton’s email scandal? She had no idea that a big “C” on certain emails meant “classified.” Even liberal-leaning pundit Jonathan Turley mocked that excuse, saying she was using the “village idiot” defense.
- Sniper Fire Faux Pas: Remember how Clinton spun a brave story about dodging sniper fire on a tarmac in Bosnia? Pure fiction.
- Libya: As Secretary of State, Clinton presided over regime change in Libya. How did that work out? The liberal Salon.com says it best: “Even critics understate how catastrophically bad the Hillary Clinton-led NATO bombing of Libya was.”
- The HillaryCare Blues: The former First Lady dipped a pretty big toe into political waters while her husband was Commander in Chief. The results? Reuters diplomatically recalls her efforts as a “debacle.”
- Pass the Hat: One of Clinton’s early gaffes came when she described being “dead broke” after leaving the White House. That one doesn’t pass the snicker test.
- Those Emails: Where to start with this barrel of lies and obfuscation? She set up her own secret server … she deleted thousands of emails … she lied, and lied some more about almost every detail involving them. More lies are likely on the way.
- Cough, Cough: Is Clinton’s health a genuine concern? We won’t know until the candidate is fully transparent with the country. We may wait a while before that happens.
- Track Record? What Track Record?: Even Clinton acolytes have a hard time pointing to significant accomplishments from her extensive government tenure.
- Sexual Abuse Denier: Clinton did much more than blame her husband’s sexual problems on a “vast right-wing conspiracy.” She fought against the women who credibly claimed Bill Clinton abused them over the years.
- Second Most Transparent President?: Like President Barack Obama, Clinton pretends to be transparent. Is it true? Let’s ask the liberal Atlantic: “Her violations of public records rules indicate little regard for the people’s right to information.”
- Ye Olde Clinton Foundation: Pay to play. It’s the very essence of government corruption. And it strikes at the heart of the Clinton Foundation. Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State coincided with a crush of cash flowing to her foundation. Donors got both preferential treatment and better access to Clinton’s State Department as a result.
This list just scratches the surface. And most of these items are well known to even casual Clinton critics. It’s Schumer’s fault she can’t find someone to share them with her.