— Kevin Feige
Who, exactly,is Kevin Feige? He’s the man pulling the strings behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or MCU as it’s known across the web. The Marvel Studios President lords over Hollywood’s most successful franchise machine.
His “Captain America: Civil War” just hauled in $181 million in domestic ticket sales after minting more than $200 in its international opening weekend.
How does he do it? That’s a complicated question, but his studio’s ability to avoid partisanship certainly helps grease the commerce wheels.
He shared his philosophy with Deadline.com, addressing a number of issues including Hollywood diversity and how much Robert Downey, Jr. means to the MCU.
Spoiler alert: Plenty.
In other entertainment news…
- “Saturday Night Live” continues its fair, balanced look at politics by A. Kicking Ted Cruz when he’s down and B. Comparing Cruz to the Devil.
- Captain America is stoic and brave, but in real life star Chris Evans is afraid of those big, bad red carpets.
- Major newspaper tries to squeeze a few clicks out of misleading readers to think Amy Schumer is nude-nude on the cover of her upcoming book.
- The insecure Beatle? New book sheds intriguing light on the life and times of Macca, AKA Paul McCartney.
- Lady Gaga politicizes Mother’s Day.
- Eight movie trailers and … Radiohead? The rockers make a new music video on 35mm and send it to movie theaters to run before screenings.
- Michael Caine, Emma Thompson torch today’s young movie stars. Long story short? All Twitter feeds, no cattle.
- Rocker Ozzy Osbourne and wife Sharon Osbourne to split after 33 years of marriage.
J Lo Does Empowerment
Old School ‘SNL’ Hits the Usual Suspects
Miss Johnny Carson Yet?